The serrated knife sharpener is a very important tool that you must have if you own a serrated knife.
Because in order for a serrated knife to function properly, you need to sharpen it once in a while, and to do that, you need a serrated steak knife sharpener.
If you are looking for the best-serrated knife sharpener, then you’re in the right place.
This guide is designed to provide you with the best-serrated knife sharpeners.
These top-notch sharpeners are selected after hours of extensive research and reviews by our experts to make sure you do have to spend your time doing extra research about the best products.
So let’s not wait any longer and dive into our list of the best-serrated knife sharpeners.
Best Serrated Knife Sharpeners Reviewed
1. Brod & Taylor Professional Knife Sharpener
If you are looking for the best-serrated knife sharpeners, this is one gadget you definitely need to have in your kitchen. With the Brod & Taylor’ patented technology, this serrated knife sharpener can do wonders in mere seconds.
We think this can be the best sharpening system as it can adjust the knife for using it as a fillet knife or a rugged chopping knife.
The tungsten carbide sharpener ensures quality and durability. It can sharpen a knife, re-align, and polish it in only seconds.
This serrated knife sharpener makes sharpening the knives easy and quick. You won’t regret investing your money on this.
- It has a triple action. This knife sharpener can sharpen, re-align, and polish the metal of your knife
- It is made of tungsten carbide, which makes it very strong and durable.
- Being safe to use as the sharpening process does not involve removing any metal.
- This serrated blade sharpener is made by using patented technology
- The sharpener auto-adjusts to the blade of the knife.
2. PriorityChef Knife Sharpener for Serrated Knives
Are you in need of a professional sharpening system for your kitchen? Do you want to have the best-serrated blade sharpener in your possession? Well, look no further! Because we present to you the PriorityChef Kitchen Sharpener for serrated knives.
This one is a multipurpose knife sharpener since it can sharpen straight knives as well as serrated knives!
This is a professional level serrated knife sharpener. It has two slots, one is diamond-coated, and the second is high-quality ceramic.
The diamond-coated slot helps sharpen the blade, even the hard steel blades as well. The high-quality ceramic helps polish the blade very nicely, which makes the blade very clean for cutting and slicing.
- A non-slip cushion bottom makes it easy to use and handle
- Easy to grip feature makes sure that you can use the knife sharpener with ease.
- It is compatible with all kinds of steel blades, including the “hard steel blades.”
- There are two slots in it: one if for sharpening and the other for polishing
3. Work Sharp Culinary Serrated Knife Sharpener
If you are on a hunt for the best-serrated knife sharpening tool, we present to you Work Sharp culinary knife sharpener. This is one of the highest-rated knife sharpeners. This one is a Knife sharpener with a ceramic honing rod. This knife sharpener has a top-level quality. Thus, we highly recommend it.
When it comes to serrated knife sharpening tools, this one is in the top ranking with its pre-programmed functioning by which it can shape, refine or sharpen the knife in just 90 seconds, that too by the only touch of one button.
This is the best sharpening system, and it comes with a ceramic honing tool. The sharpening tool comes with a built-in vacuum system to clean the counter from the sharpening debris.
- It has a separate ceramic honing rod
- Sharpening the blade using a flexible sharpening belt just like manufacturers’ knife sharpener.
- It has one-touch programming technology. Pressing a button can start sharpening your knife and automatically turn off when your knife is sharp.
- The precision sharpness guessing guides ensures that the blade is evenly sharpened.
4. Electric Diamond Knife Sharpener Tool
While searching for the best-rated knife sharpeners, we came across this electric diamond knife sharpener tool. We must say this one is definitely an eye-catching tool because of its elegant design and its functionality.
This should be regarded as the top knife sharpener as it is electric; thus, you don’t have to put much effort into it, and it is very good at its job.
With the help of this electric diamond knife sharpener, you can grind chips of almost 1mm off of ceramic blades. This tool can be space accommodation friendly and easy to use.
- The diamond wheel of this knife sharpener makes sure you get a nice and evenly sharpened knife from the tip to the base of the blade.
- This knife sharpener has two functional feature settings: Fine and the Coarse settings
- It has a universal knife slot which can accommodate all types of knives.
- It is a plug-in electric knife sharpener, so you don’t have to worry about the battery being low.
5. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
Another one of the best knife sharpeners for serrated knives is the Work Sharp knife & tool sharpener. This one is very durable and user friendly.
Knives and tools both can be sharpened using this tool which makes it more attractive.
With a unique and attractive design, this knife sharpener for serrated knives is very durable and strong because of its construction material and the engineering involved from the experience of leading the industry of sharpening tools belonging to the USA.
It has a knob to adjust the angle for the grind and fine process, which gives the knife a uniform sharpness.
- Replicating the precise edge bevel is easy by adjusting the angles.
- Variable speeds of the motor allow the user to grind at a faster speed and honing at a relatively slower speed.
- The knife sharpener lets a person sharpen the knives quickly, precisely, and can replicate the results.
- With the help of its unique design, it is very attractive to look at, and it provides an easy grip, which makes it very easy to work with.
6. Wamery Serrated Knife Sharpener
Do you want a knife sharpener for serrated knives that is less space-consuming and easy to store? Are you looking for small and compact knife sharpeners? If yes, then this product is definitely for you.
Personally, we recommend this one if you want to have a knife sharpener when you are on the move!
The main attraction for this knife sharpener is that it is very easily portable. You can carry it with yourself to outdoor lunches like BBQ and picnics. It works perfectly for pocket knives.
You can also take it with you to fishing and sharpen the hooks. This can also be used to sharpen home tools like scissors.
- This is one of the best knife sharpeners for fillet knives, hooks (for fishing), and serrated knives.
- Unlike tungsten carbide, this is made up of a smooth and finely finished diamond rod that works best even for the hard steel blades.
- It is very light and portable
- It can get you a sharp knife edge in 60-90 seconds
- It has an easy and comfortable gripping area.
7. Chef’s Choice Diamond Hone Hybrid Sharpener
Are you looking for some advanced technology knife sharpeners for serrated knives? Do you want your knife sharpener to be partially electric? Well, this one’s for you!
If you want a knife sharpener that has both electric and manual stages for sharpening your knives, this one is best for you.
This knife sharpener will look attractive on the kitchen counter. Since it has two electric stages, you don’t have to do much by yourself and let the sharpener do the work or you.
The diamond abrasives at stage three make the knives have a precise and super sharp edge which can be used for multiple purposes.
- Operated in three stages: manual as well as electric stages.
- It uses a diamond to sharpen your knives. This makes the edges super sharp, allowing you to use it for fillet cutting as well as rugged chopping.
- It uses 20° to sharpen the knives
- The three successive stages of knife sharpening lead to a triple bevel knife-edge in which the first and second stages are electric, and the third stage is manual.
8. Chef’s Choice ProntoPro Diamond Hone Manual Knife Sharpener
Are you looking for a knife sharpener that is compatible with all kinds of styled knives like Asian, European, and American? Well, we have found a perfect match for your demands.
Being the fastest manual knife sharpener, this one catches everyone’s eyes.
This is another one of the professional three-stage knife sharpeners which give an option of different angles for sharpening your knife.
Being compatible with all kinds of knives like fine edge and serrated knives as well as all styles of knives like Asian and western.
- It is a manual knife sharpener for all the people who want to have better control of their knife sharpening process.
- The precise control of bevel angle, diamond abrasive wheels, and the crisscross sharpening technology. All in one! You want it all, this tool has it all!
- It has three different stages of sharpening the knife from the grind and refine to the honing of the knife
- The diamond abrasive wheels are very durable and hold their shape indefinite of how many times it is used.
9. Chef’s Choice Electric Serrated Knife Sharpening Station
Do you want a professional chef quality knife sharpener? Are you interested in cutting items in your kitchen chef style for which you need a very sharp knife? We have brought to you another one of the professional quality knife sharpeners for serrated knives.
This manual knife sharpener can sharpen your knife and give a very neat and sharp knife edge.
Looking for a knife sharpener that can sharpen your knife and makes sure it stays sharp for a long time? This one is the key tool to sharp knives that stay sharp for a longer amount of time.
Being compatible with all types and styles of knives makes it more attractive and suitable for everyday use.
- This also has a three-stage process for knife sharpening.
- The knife sharpener is only 10 inches long, which makes it easy for permanent placement in the kitchen.
- It consists of 100% diamond abrasives to sharpen your knife
- The knife sharpener is designed using a high-quality, high-impact, and sturdy engineering polymer, which ensures the strength and quality of the knife sharpener.
10. Schrade SCHDDS Diamond Dust Tapered Sharpening Rod
Is your search for a portable knife sharpener for serrated knives still going? Haven’t you found a perfect match to your demands and requirements? We bring you another one of the best knife sharpening tools.
An easily portable and extremely easy to use knife sharpener is here up for your grab
This small tool can change your life as it is very easy to use and easy to carry around. Being ideal for outdoor activities.
- Being only 3.3inches in length and a weight of only 1.2 ounces, it is the best option for portable knife sharpeners.
- The handle length is 1.4 inches, which makes the gripping very easy and effective.
- It comes with a cover that you can pop off when you need the knife sharpener and put it back on after using it for safety purposes
- It also comes with a pocket clip that secures the knife sharpener when it is kept in the pocket while going out for camping, fishing, or a picnic.
When looking for a best serrated knife sharpener, there are a few things you should consider beforehand. Keep in mind that before you buy anything, you need to know how it will give you the results.
The following parameters are important for you to pick up your very own serrated knife, and it is important for you to consider them before getting yourselves the serrated knives you’ve wished to get.
Market is flooded with serrated knives sharpeners, which claim to be the best, but their result says otherwise. We wish to save you from the misery of having to spend money over the wrong product.
Choose Between Electric and Handheld Sharpeners
The electric sharpeners are cert precise and accurate in their sharpening. Even though these sharpeners may carry you through a series of steps to give your knife the sharpening it needs, the end result is awesome. One thing they lack is their portability and the fact that you have to go through certain steps.
Handheld sharpeners, on the other hand, are easily portable. They may require you to waste some of your energy and time if you do not mind that while sharpening a knife, these may be the best ones for you. These sharpeners, unlike the electric ones, are generally limited by having fewer slots to sharpen with. If you are a cooking professional, who often finds himself traveling, handheld serrated knife sharpeners could be your best friends.
The grip of a sharpener matters a lot if it’s small and handheld. You need to make sure the grip is fine and perfect according to the knife; you will be sharpening every once in a while. To do fine sharpening, you need to get a serrated knife sharpener having a good grip.
The serrated knife sharpener needs to have good durability. After all, it is actually the durability of the sharpener, which makes it such a durable asset to have. When buying a serrated knife sharpener, you need to look for one which you can take along for the rest of your life, or at least for a long time.
The material of the serrated steak knife sharpener needs to be just fine in order to do the job. It should be made of perfect steel so that it can withstand all kinds of pressure. It should also create adequate friction with the knife in order to sharpen it excellently. This means that the surface of the blade needs to be rough enough.
As mentioned earlier, portable blade sharpeners work the best. You need to consider this factor, as well. Before selecting a serrated knife sharpener, you should have a look at your indoor and outdoor activities. How long do you stay at home and cook? How long do you go out? Do you need to carry the sharpener with you or not?
If yes, then its best you go for handheld sharpeners as they are great in terms of portability. If you stay indoors, choosing between electric and handheld serrated steak knives blade is your choice to make.
A serrated steak knife blade needs to have low maintenance and must be easy to store away. It should not require any extra cleaning done. You should be able to take it out of the cupboard, use it easily, and place it back in its place without any cleaning whatsoever
It is always best to consider your budget when aiming for a serrated steak knife blade. You must choose a blade according to your budget and needs.
Think about your knife, its material, and how often you will need a blade. How often do you use your knife? All this will help you decide which blade to pick.
If you are using the sharpener once in a while, then do not invest in something big. If you use a sharpener to sharpen your serrated steak knives often, then look for a handheld sharpener in a considerably high budget to ensure good quality and durability, as well as longevity.
Also, keep in mind that the handheld serrated steak knives blade sharpeners are comparatively less cheap than the electric serrated knife blade sharpeners.
Above are some of the most important things you must always consider when you wish to get a serrated steak knife blade. If not all, at least make sure some of these features are well taken into consideration before your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you sharpen a serrated knife?
Of Course, you can sharpen a serrated knife. Even though these knives take quite a lot of time to sharpen from time to time, this does not mean that they do not need to be sharpened. You can sharpen these knives from time to time. However, keep in mind that the technique of sharpening these knives differs from others.
What is the best way to sharpen a serrated knife?
Sharpening a serrated knife is done quite differently than others. It takes more time, more skill than the normal sharpening knives. The sharpener is also very different. The best way to sharpen a serrated knife is with a serrated knife sharpener.
You can use a serrated knife sharpener to sharpen the knife’s grooves one by one as you place it over a hard surface (preferably wooden)
How do you sharpen a serrated knife without a tool?
If you do not have a tool to sharpen your serrated knife, no worries! You can sharpen a serrated knife without a tool very easily. Just be sure to try this out carefully.
Take a ceramic cup and turn it upside down. Once you have turned the cup upside down, you’ll notice how the surface is so rough. This rough surface (edges) can be used to sharpen the serrated steak knife. Simply rub it over the surface for 1-2 minutes, and you’d be surprised by the results.
Do serrated knives cut better?
Yes, a serrated knife can not only cut meat and bread better, but it also does a great job with other things. For example, a serrated knife can give you great slices of tomato and other vegetables. You can, in fact, use this knife for hard things.
Should a survival knife be serrated?
If you wish, you can get a partly serrated knife as your survival knife. There is no hard and fast rule; there are many serrated combined with flat knives out there.
Are serrated knives illegal?
No, serrated knives are not illegal; many people use them as their kitchen or personal knives for different purposes like cutting steaks, vegetables, fruits, and other hand food items. It can also be used for personal safety. However, it depends whether they are or are not allowed in the military.
That’s all, folks! We hope you found this review guide on the best-serrated knives sharpeners interesting and useful!
In Case you’re wondering what we would recommend as the best product among our list, it is the Brod & Taylor Professional Knife Sharpener.
We recommend this serrated knife sharpener because it is extremely effortless and very easy to use because of its handheld nature. It is also portable and good for professionals on the go. This serrated knife sharpener requires low maintenance, and you can easily glide the serrated knife across it, which will sharpen in no time at all. This top-quality knife sharpener also comes at a reasonable price, which means you can get it easily and use it for your serrated knives.
Let us know what you guys think, and if you guys have any questions, we’re always available to answer them for you.